{Fabric} Vintage Liberty of London

>> Monday, June 21, 2010

     I am in love with the Liberty of London fabrics. I'll admit it. Not only do I love the small vintage floral patterns and colors but I love that they are almost like a cotton lawn or voile, so fine.. almost sheer. 


     I was lucky enough to be digging through my mothers fabric stash and came across a whole stack of Liberty of London fabrics. Not only are the authentic, but they are vintage. True vintage Liberty of London! She had gotten them at market years ago at a retro/vintage fabric vendor and hasn't done anything with them, so she gave them to me, knowing how much I would love them. I have a few ideas of what I want to do with them, all involving ruffles so far. One of which is a summer skirt with tiered ruffles and a high waist, a skirt I can wear with a simple white tank top.

 
        Kwik Sew pattern  #3744


     Some of my favorite prints, all of which are bright, floral and fun. I like that they don't particularly match and that they have a lot going on. Paired with a simple white tank, they would be stunning in a ruffled skirt. Until I find the time to do some more garment sewing my lovely fabrics will sit, organized in my wonderful Target Liberty of London storage box (seemed fitting and I got it at half off!)

xx skburton

5 comments:

terrid614 August 30, 2010 at 7:19 AM  

i LOVE those fabrics AND that skirt!!!! found your blog thru a blog of a blog! happy monday!

Kim September 1, 2010 at 6:45 AM  

this post gave me more envy than i think i can handle!!! you lucky duck!

kim

sarah November 15, 2010 at 9:37 AM  

Awesome find <3 your mom has great taste. Would love to see the final product!

Anonymous,  November 22, 2010 at 5:05 PM  

I wish I had a dress in each of those fabrics. I'd be a blissfully hapy woman for years to come ;)

Tailoring September 16, 2011 at 3:44 AM  

Hi I found good designs and valuable information in our article thanks for sharing

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP