{Sewing} Summer Time Tank

>> Wednesday, July 21, 2010

     Summer is in full swing here in MN, it's just gorgeous outside! The down side to living here is the humidity. The sticky, sweaty, hot, can't hardly breath humidity. To tackle that gross feeling I wanted to make a Summer Time tank by Favorite Things Patterns, but I needed it to be out of a cotton lawn or a voile. So when I opened a box full of Anna Maria Horners Little Folks Voiles in the store Monday, I could not wait to get home to start sewing. I picked my favorite diamond mine print in pomegranate and a contrasting print, baby bouquet in berry, and headed home to make one up.


    I made a size 10, not knowing how their patterns fit, but it turned out to be too big. I second guessed myself, thinking I needed an 8 but it looks ok. It will hang in the store as a sample and I'll make another one soon that is my size.



     Ooo, It's flowy and fun! Gotta love the candid shot! I can't wait to make more with the voiles. They are amazing and make hot, sticky summer days a whole lot less miserable! 

Happy Stitching xx

2 comments:

Amy August 30, 2010 at 4:39 PM  

just stumbled across your blog and i love this tank top and your other work as well! the crazy thing is - i'm from the aitkin, mn area but have lived in seattle for about 15 years now. seeing the word "brainerd" in your "about us" section made me grin!! i will have to come by your store next time i head home for a visit!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP